its these gems of in-the-know cheat sheets that keep us devoted to BlackBook. feel free to pen them a handwritten thank you note. we already did.
In a time when even airlines have scrapped free peanut service, a few righteous New York institutions are keeping their patrons in gratis bar snacks that are a far cry from stale Chex Mix. Almost makes the rising martini costs worth it.
10. Buffalo wings and nachos @ Rodeo Bar (
9. Truffled popcorn @ Desnuda (
8. Tater tots @ Trash (
7. Antipasti @ Il Mulino (
6. Soft pretzels and roasted almonds @ Blaue Gans (Tribeca) - The cozy German restaurant boasts one of New York’s most perfect pretzels, served to bar patrons upon request along with buttery almonds that’ll make it tough to ever go back to beer nuts.
5. Pizza @ Alligator Lounge (
4. Panini @ Vero Midtown (Midtown East) - Every Monday night, the wine bar serves its crispy, cheesy panini with every drink order.
3. Cheese spread @ Blind Tiger Ale House (
2. Free appetizers @ dell’anima (
1. Curried popcorn @ Tailor (